Wine Starter Kit - Deluxe
Looking to make your own wine or have a friend who would like to? Our deluxe starter kit could be exactly what you are looking for. Save over $20 from buying all the pieces individually!
This kit comes with everything you will need, minus the bottles and corks, to make 5 or 6 gallon batches of wine. You can get up to five 750ml wine bottles from a gallon, so you can get up to 30 bottles of wine per batch.
Our deluxe kit is geared to help you make wine from both fruit you pick and from concentrate kits. If you would like to add a concentrate kit, simply select one and you will save 10% off the list price.
Our kit includes the following:
- 7.9 gallon food-grade bucket and lid (primary fermenter)
- 6 gallon glass carboy and universal stopper (secondary fermenter)
- 5 gallon glass carboy and universal stopper (secondary fermenter)
- Carboy handle (attaches to 3, 5, or 6 gallon carboys, makes transporting them easier)
- 2 3-piece fermentation locks (go in the bucket lid and then stopper)
- 3/8" siphon hose (siphon wine between containers)
- Auto Siphon (starts your siphon, a great help!)
- Bottle brush (scrub out bottles)
- Carboy brush (scrub out the carboy)
- One Step cleanser (use to sanitize your equipment)
- Hydrometer (use to determine when to pick fruit, how much sugar to add, whether the wine is done fermenting, and alcohol content)
- The Thief (acts as a sample taker and hydrometer test jar, makes hydrometer readings easy)
- Large coarse nylon bag (reusable bag that you put fruit in to help pulp removal and pressing easier)
- Bottle filler (great tool that makes filling your bottles easier and less messy)
- Portuguese Floor Corker (makes bottling easy, allows you to use larger corks to improve wine shelf life)
- Joy of Home Winemaking (great book filled with how-tos and recipes)
- Acid blend (use to adjust acid level and pH)
- Wine tannin (helps with clarity, shelf stability, and mouth-feel)
- Pectic enzyme (breaks down pectin in fruit to help with clarity and improve yield)
- Yeast nutrient (gives yeast what it needs for a healthy clean fermentation)
- Campden tablets (sodium metabisulfite, used to sterilize must and help with longer term wine storage)
- Lalvin 1116 yeast packet (great all-purpose wine yeast, makes a dry wine)
- Lalvin 1118 yeast packet (great all-purpose wine yeast, especially great for apple, pear, or mead. Very dry and high alcohol tolerance)
- Lalvin 1122 yeast packet (great all-purpose wine yeast, not quite as dry)
- Winemaking instructions (short handout discussing winemaking tips and tricks)
This starter kit will help any beginner make great wine. And remember you can always contact us with any questions. And when it comes time to bottle your wine, we have all the supplies you will need.
Makes a great gift for any wine lover!