Diamond Dry Lager Yeast (Lallemand)
Diamond dry lager yeast is a German lager yeast that can be used to ferment a variety of lager styles.
- Quick start and vigorous fermentation, which can be completed in 5 days above 12°C (54F).
- High attenuation.
- Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation depend on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and the nutritional quality of the wort.
- Flocculent strain; settling can be promoted by cooling and use of fining agents and isinglass.
- The aroma and taste are almost neutral and do not display off-flavours when properly handled. It may tend, because of flocculation, to slightly reduce hop bitter levels.
- Best used at traditional lager temperatures (10-15ºC) (50-59F) after rehydration in the recommended manner.