Californian Red Grape Juice - 6 Gallons
Have you ever wanted to make an authentic Pinot Noir, Merlot, or a Chardonnay? Well, now you can! For a limited time, you can pre-order Californian grape juice. The grapes have been crushed, pressed, the juice packed in buckets in 6-6.5 gallon increments, refrigerated, and then shipped to us, straight from California. If you would like to make authentic wine like the pros make, there is no better opportunity than this.
Use the pick list to select which varietal you would like. The descriptions of each type of wine are as follows:
- Alicante - A big, full-bodied red wine that is great as a before dinner or after dinner wine. Wines made with this grape tend to be dark red to purple and be slightly sweet and very aromatic. It has a fairly low acid content, so it is smooth. Earthy, blends well with other varietals.
- Cabernet Franc - Lighter than Cabernet Sauvignon, making a bright pale red wine that contributes finesse and lends a peppery perfume to blends with more robust grapes. Depending on the growing region and style of wine, additional aromas can include tobacco, raspberry, bell pepper, cassis, and violets.
- Cabernet Sauvignon - The classic profile of Cabernet Sauvignon tends to be full-bodied wines with high tannins and noticeable acidity that contributes to the wine's aging potential. Cabs can also have blackcurrant notes with black cherry and black olives notes.
- Grenache - Grenache produces big and bold wines that have a medium alcohol level, low acidity, and a raspberry or strawberry flavor. It is also a great grape from which to make fortified wines, such as port.
- Merlot - Merlot can make soft, velvety wines with plum flavors. Some of the fruit notes commonly associated with Merlot include cassis, black and red cherries, blackberry, blueberry, boysenberry, mulberry, and plum.
- Pinot Noir - When young, wines made from Pinot noir tend to have red fruit aromas of cherries, raspberries and strawberries. As the wines age, Pinots have the potential to develop vegetal and "barnyard" aromas that can contribute to the complexity of the wine.
- Syrah - Syrah grapes produce medium to full-bodied wines with medium-plus to high levels of tannins and flavors of blackberry, mint and black pepper notes.
- Zinfandel - The grapes typically produce a robust red wine, with hints of red berry fruit flavors, blackberry, anise and pepper.
- Barbera - When young, wines made from Barbera grapes offer a very intense aroma of fresh red and blackberries. In the lightest versions notes of cherries, raspberries, and blueberries. Also with notes of blackberry and black cherries in wines made of more ripe grapes. Oaking this wine, especially with heavier toasts, will produce a pleasant vanilla character and allow the wine to age well.
- Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot Blend - A blend of the the classic profile of Cabernet Sauvignon which tends to be full-bodied with high tannins, noticeable acidity, black currant notes, and black cherry and black olives notes. You also get the soft, velvety plum flavors from the Merlot juice. Some of the fruit notes commonly associated with Merlot include cassis, black and red cherries, blackberry, blueberry, boysenberry, mulberry, ollalieberry, and plum.
- Carmenere - Carménère wine has a deep red color and aromas found in red fruits, spices and berries. The tannins are gentler and softer than those in Cabernet Sauvignon and it is a medium body wine. Imparts a cherry-like, fruity flavor with smoky, spicy and earthy notes and a deep crimson color. Its taste might also be reminiscent of dark chocolate, tobacco, and leather. The wine is best to drink while it is young.
- Malbec - Malbecs are deep red, almost purple, with a robust tannin character. A complex wine with hints of plum. Ages out quite well.
- White Zinfandel - Using this White Zinfandel juice, you can make a dry to sweet, pink-colored blush wine. White Zinfandel is made from the Zinfandel wine grape, which would otherwise produce a bold and spicy red wine.
Pre-orders are due by 4 pm on Sunday, September 2nd. We will alert you when the juice will arrive, most likely in the early October. Because there are no additives or preservatives, it's imperative that these are picked up ASAP after delivery. These are pickup items at the Wine and Hop Shop or Working Draft Beer Company only.
These are pickup items only. Please contact us if you have any questions.