Homebrewing and Winemaking Specialist
The Wine and Hop Shop is looking to add another member to its team!
We are looking for a friendly, team-oriented person who enjoys winemaking and beermaking, and is even more passionate about teaching others the art of fermentation.
Responsibilities and Duties
You’ll wear many hats at the Wine and Hop Shop. Day-to-day responsibilities and duties include:
- Answer customer questions related to winemaking, beermaking, and pretty much anything else fermented, whether it be in person, on the phone, or via email.
- Utilize point-of-sale system to ring up customer transactions, whether it be an in-person transaction, an order taken over the phone, or an order received through the website.
- Restock shelves.
- Work to keep the Shop clean and tidy.
- Help unload, check-in, and stock items that come in from weekly orders.
- Occasionally make a batch of beer, wine, cider, mead, or soda to be used as free samples in the Shop.
- Help out at charitable events throughout the year.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions in an accurate and honest way.
- Perform opening and closing duties, including doing the books and completing the cleaning checklist.
- Other assorted projects that utilize your skills, whether it be graphic design, social media, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of beer, wine, and other fermentables, with a strong focus on the making process.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with a strong desire to learn more about the craft and share that knowledge with others.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
- Computer skills; experience with Google Suite applications a plus.
- Reliable math skills to competently run cash register.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with social media a plus!
- Starting at $13/hr or higher, depending on knowledge and experience
- Yearly bonus
- Generous employee discount
To start off, 7.5 hours per week. We are looking to fill the following shifts initially:
- Saturdays (9:45-5:15)
- Occasional Thursdays (12-4ish)
- Other occasional spot fill-ins
The Wine and Hop Shop is an equal-opportunity employer. People of all races and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please end a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off at the Wine and Hop Shop (1919 Monroe Street).