Homebrewing Starter Kit for 5 Gallons - Deluxe
The deluxe kit gives brewers a lot of options, including:
- With two stage fermentation, the beer will clear more quickly
- With two fermenters, you can have two batches going at the same time.
- You can do batch priming on bottling day, which makes bottling day easier.
- Fermenting in PET plastic or glass helps keep the beer fresher and tasting better.
With this kit, you can decide whether you want to ferment in glass or plastic, whether you want an ingredient kit or a kettle, or, if you upgrade, to even keg your beer. So much like homebrewing itself, you get to pick how you make your delicious beer.
All iterations of the basic kit come with the following:
You get to select which type of fermenters you'd like to use:
- 7 gallon FerMonster wide-mouth plastic carboy and 5 gallon PET plastic carboy - Positives: light; oxygen-impermeable; wide mouth makes for easy cleaning. Downsides: scratches more easily than glass; plastic walls of FerMonster are thin (we put ours in a milk crate when lifting it).
- 6.5 gallon glass carboy and 5 gallon glass carboy - Positives: Oxygen impermeable; doesn't scratch easily; every time you clean it, pretty much good as new. Downsides: costs more; more breakable; harder to clean.
You also get to decide whether you want an ingredient kit or kettle with your kit:
- Badger Amber Ale - Caramelly, slightly sweet. Most popular starter kit!
- California Golden Ale - Slightly hoppy, blonde ale, easy drinking. Think a toned down Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
- Badger Dark Ale - Dark and roasty but not thick like a stout.
- Chaparral Pale Ale - West Coast-style pale ale.
- Wunderkind Wheat Ale - Light wheat ale with a hint of lemon.
- Warbler Pale Ale - British style pale ale, slightly bitter.
- American Light Ale - Lightest of our kits, easy drinking lawnmower beer.
- 5 Gallon Economy Kettle - Stainless steel, plenty large enough for any extract brew, still useful if you transition to all-grain brewing.
Would you really like to take this kit to the next level? The deluxe kegging upgrade is the Cadillac of homebrewing kits! The only thing better than filling 50 bottles of homebrew is filling 1 big bottle of homebrew. Kegging allows you to force carbonate your beer, which allows you to drink your precious brew faster. And there is just something so special about serving and enjoying your homebrew on tap.
Our deluxe kegging kit upgrade comes with everything you'll need to keg your homebrew, including the following:
- Reconditioned 5 lb co2 tank
- Used 5 gallon ball lock cornelius keg
- Dual gauge regulator
- Beverage and gas tubing
- Picnic-tap style faucet
- Replacement gaskets for the keg