Blichmann Tower of Power Control Module
Blichmann Engineering’s TOWER of POWER™ temperature control system is like nothing else on the market – a high-quality, gas-fired or electric RIMS system with ultra-high accuracy! It’s easily integrated into your system one module at a time or as a freestanding control powerhouse!
Purchase a single control unit for your mash tun, one for your hot liquor tank, or both! Already have a pump and all the plumbing for your system? No problem! All you'll need are the control units. Should you need the pump and plumbing in a compact and convenient freestanding configuration, the pump tower can be purchased separately. And the TOWER of POWER™ even bolts to Blichmann's TopTier™ stand with the optional mounting kit. It will hold your mash to within 0.5F (0.25C) of your setting.
The TOWER of POWER™ temperature control module from Blichmann Engineering™ is like nothing on the market! This RIMS system temperature control module is high-quality and ultra-high accuracy! It also bears the Blichmann Engineering™ hallmark of simplicity! Offered in gas or electric, these controllers work in concert with our suite of equipment options to complete your Blichmann Engineering™ system or act as a freestanding control powerhouse!
We have developed this modular control system in much the same way as our modular TopTier™ brewing stand — for adaptability and the ultimate in quality.
PRECISION & ACCURACY
We aren't kidding when we say the TOWER of POWER™ offers superior precision and accuracy. The control module will hold your mash within +/- 0.5°F (0.28°C). With this level of precision, repeatable with your beer will become the norm in your home brewery.
For accuracy and precision, you need both a high-quality sensor and a high-quality meter that can read it. The TOWER of POWER™ uses a Class A precision RTD and a high-quality metering circuit found in PIDs and PLCs. Only the TOWER of POWER™ delivers that level of accuracy - so accurate and precise you can use it to calibrate your other instruments!
With the TOWER of POWER™ control module, ramp times are fast and automatic, with outstanding control and easy maintenance of +/-0.5°F (0.28°C) stability. Free TOP-Link software and optional communication cable can be purchased to easily program an unlimited number of mash profiles and even monitor and log data on your PC. This level of automation brings reproducible results every time, taking your home brewery to the same level as a professional brewery.
Each control enclosure includes the following:
- Class A precision RTD temperature sensor. The sensor can be installed in BrewMometer™ hole in your kettle for an HLT or into any 1/2" NPT fitting with the included adapter bushing
- Data port for optional remote monitoring and mash-profile programming (unlimited profiles) on your PC (Optional communication cable required)
- One decal for MASH and one for HLT for appropriate labeling
- Compact enclosure of 4.25"W, 7"H, 7"D that is easily integrated into your brew system
- Brushed stainless cover and gloss black powder-coated case that will look beautiful for years
- Pilotless electronic ignition control system that adapts to any burner (natural gas or propane), not just those produced by Blichmann Engineering™. This ignitor will instantly relight your burner if blown out by a wind. It will also shut down your gas if a flame is not detected within 10 seconds and sound an alarm. It includes an industrial ignition electrode and high-quality silicone sheathed ignition wire.
- American-made gas solenoid valve (installs on your burner gas supply)
- Convenient cable storage tray in the back of the enclosure to neatly store wires between brew days
- Plumbing to connect the gas regulator to the burner
The electric control modules also include the following:
- Digital Power control to meter the intensity of the heating element from 0-100% power
- Optional low level shut off port
- Optional Low level kettle switch deactivates heating element to avoid dry firing and potential scorching with element exposed to air. Simply connect low level switch installed in kettle to the TOWER of POWER control module and you are protected from dry firing and potential scorching with element exposed to air. Switch available factory punched for easy installation or as an after purchase add on.
Use the pick list above to select whether you'd like the gas fired, 120V electric, or 240V electric control module.
These are special order items, please allow an additional week for deliver.