Hoptoberfest Homebrew Contest
For more information, please contact the Wine and Hop Shop at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-257-0099. Remember Hoptober is just around the corner so get your brewing underway as prizes are being lined up for the winners. You may even walk away with a pound of hops!
- Who: Anyone who likes to drink hoppy beer. As for the contest, it'll be $15 to enter the contest. Each beer entry entitles the entrant to two free tickets. Tickets will be distributed up to the day of the contest, but people submitting homebrew into the contest will get first crack at tickets. We will be asking for donations to help cover the cost of the contest and to help out the Dane County Humane Shelter, which will receive at least half of the money raised.
- What: Hoppy beer contest with awesome prizes for 4 categories (Pale Ale, IPA, Imperial IPA, and "other" including Black IPA, bitter, etc.) There will also be food, hoppy homebrew, and plenty of fun on tap. To enter a beer, fill out an entry form available at the Wine and Hop Shop or download an entry form here, pay the $15 entry fee, and submit 2 12 oz, unmarked, amber bottles for the judges and a six-pack or growler for sharing to the Wine and Hop Shop at least a day before the contest. Everyone in attendance will get a small sample of each entry, and all contestants will receive valuable feedback from BJCP certified judges and other beer aficionados.
- Where: Italian Workman's Club, located at 914 Regent St., Madison, WI 53715
- When: Saturday, October 13, from 7-11ish PM
- How: With help from our generous sponsors, who have donated over $700 in prizes! Our sponsors include Gorst Valley Hops, Hop Union, Wisconsin Hop Exchange, LD Carlson, Crosby and Baker, One Barrel Brewing, House of Brews, Lake Louie, Ale Asylum, Fresh Hops, Grumpy Troll, B-Hoppy Hop Candy, Capital Brewing Co., Wyeast Laboratories, and the Great Dane. The winner of Best in Show will get to brew his or her beer at One Barrel Brewing Co. They'll even put the winner's beer on tap!
- Why: To celebrate something that makes beer delicious and to raise money for a good cause. At least half of the money raised will be donated to the Dane County Humane Shelter. Drink some hoppy beer, get some good feedback on your beer, win some great prizes, and help out a cute fuzzy creature, how do you beat a night like that?
Phone: (800) 657-5199
Phone: (608) 257-0099
Or feel free to use our contact form and add any
comments you may have:
Phone: (800) 657-5199 or
Local: (608) 257-0099
Wine & Hop Shop
1931 Monroe Street
Madison, WI 53711
David Mitchell, Owner